Together, more than 120 jurors logged over 5,500 votes to determine which 4 proposals received the highest scores and will become apexart Franchise Exhibitions in our 2015-16 season. We are pleased to share the results!
2015-16 Franchise Results
2015-16 Franchise Ranking
2015-16 Franchise Jurors
Tiffany Boyle & Jessica Carden
Rum Retort is an exhibition on the site of a previously-forgotten burial ground for African slaves at Pierhead Docks in Bridgetown, Barbados, drawing attention to the island’s colonial history.
Marie Nipper & Peter Amby
In Vitro (Studies On Entropy) engages artists to show works in ten abandoned modernist vitrines in Copenhagen, Denmark’s city center, focusing on transformation and disorder.
Atif Akin & Dilek Winchester
Apricots from Damascus
invites artists to prepare survival guides in the form of zines for Syrian refugees in Istanbul, Turkey.
Jennifer Davis & Su-Ying Lee
How to Make Space highlights the powerful way in which female migrant workers in Hong Kong, China, use temporary structures to create community.
- Submit your proposal for an idea-driven, group exhibition to be presented anywhere in the world – outside of New York City.
- Submissions are 500 words outlining your idea, where it will take place, and why the idea and location are connected.
- Proposals for the 2016-17 season will be accepted from February 1 - 29, 2016.
Read all past winning proposals
- Space Between Our Fingers
on view through May 30.
- Organized by Rachel Dedman, this constellation exhibition with works in 5 venues across the city explores outer space and science fiction as imagined and challenged by artists from the Middle East.
- Featuring work by Jananne al-Ani, Ali Cherri, Faycal Baghriche, Ala Ebtekar, Joana Hadjithomas, Khalil Joreige, Assad JradiMehreen Murtaza, and Larissa Sansour.
Full list of FAQs
- No previous experience required.
- All exhibitions must include the work of at least three artists.
- apexart provides a budget of up to $8,000 for travel, shipping, artist honorariums, and installation expenses.
- Artists do not need to be confirmed before you apply.
- Please note that apexart is not a funding organization and exhibitions are part of apexart's regular programming.