- Submit your proposal for an idea-driven, group exhibition to be presented anywhere in the world – outside of New York City.
- Submissions are 500 words outlining your idea, where it will take place, and why the idea and location are connected.
- Proposals for the coming season were accepted from February 1 - 28, 2015. Please check back for next year's dates.
|WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR
- Due to increased funding, apexart is adding another Franchise Exhibition to our 2015-16 season.
- 4 winning proposals will be presented between September 2015 and July 2016.
Full list of FAQs
- No previous experience required.
- All exhibitions must include the work of at least three artists.
- apexart provides a budget of up to $8,000 for travel, shipping, artist honorariums, and installation expenses.
- Artists do not need to be confirmed before you apply.
- Please note that apexart is not a funding organization and exhibitions are part of apexart's regular programming.
- apexart assembles an international jury of 150 individuals from all backgrounds.
- Jurors vote online and can only see the text of the proposal; curator names and any biographical information or links are removed.
- apexart’s custom-made crowdsourcing PHP script ensures that each proposal is read the same number of times, though by different jurors and in a different order.
- Jurors’ evaluations are compiled, determining the 4 proposals with the highest scores, which then receive a budget and administrative support from apexart to mount their show.
- The Louvre franchised, the Guggenheim franchised, and MoMA franchised. apexart franchised by presenting exhibitions in hair salons in Tanzania, rooftops in Peru, train stations in Jordan, construction sites in Mexico, and laundromats in Sweden. Bringing month-long exhibitions to locations around the world, the focus is on the local culture and new experiences for curators, artists, and audiences.
- apexart built upon this idea in order to illustrate that the center of the world is wherever you are.
Find out more about apexart Exhibitions.
Past apexart Franchises have include:
Read all past winning proposals.